·Feb 19, 2021·
1 min read
What is it? 🤔
Flutter is a UI Toolkit and SDK. It is free and open source.
What platforms it can be run in? 💻📱
One can build mobile, web and desktop apps using flutter toolkit. So it is a cross platform framework.
What programming language does it use?
Flutter uses Dart programming language.
- Object oriented language.
- Optimized for UI.
- Familiar syntax with Kotlin, Swift & Typescript.
What are the features of flutter?
- Simple platform specific widget libraries (Cupertino:iOS & Material:Android) to mimic native UI style.
- Supports hot reload, which makes development & testing much, much easier & faster.
- Highly customizable widgets.
- Good enough and rapidly expanding third party package support.
What editors or IDE does flutter support?
- Currently plugins are available for Android Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, and VS Code.
What are alternatives to flutter?
- Xamarin (C#)
What are the popular apps built with flutter?
- Reflectly (mindfulness app).
- Google Stadia. It is a streaming platform for gamers.
- Hamilton Musical.